The two ways we recommend for adding your Google Tour to your website are embedding into your site – or linking to the URL from a button or menu.
Here’s our step-by-step guide to embedding your tour into your website:
1. Access your virtual tour by clicking the link that we sent you in your email. The tour will now open in your browser.
2. Click the vertical line of 3 dots to the right of your business name (top left of screen).
3. When the pop-up box appears, click ‘Share or embed’ image.
4. In the box that appears, select the ‘Embed image’ tab.
5. A new window will open, click the “embed a map” tab and then select small, medium, large or custom size (custom size you can choose the perfect size to fit your website). Press the blue COPY HTML link.
6. Go to your webpage editing application and locate the best place for the tour (I.E. your Contact page or View Tour page). Paste the copied code into the point at which you want your tour to appear.
7. Save your web page and view the tour you have just embedded, live on your site.
1. Copy the URL from the email which we sent you.
2. Within your website editor, add a new button or hyperlink – and attach the link we sent you to destination address for the link using _blank as the target address.
3. Save and update your website – then preview the page you just added the link to. The tour will now open in full screen size in a new window.
Embedding in Your Facebook Business Page
Recently facebook changed how external content is listed and virtual tours no longer display on mobile devices. However, we can provide an overlay tour which will be viewable on mobiles and tablets. Please contact G.Hughes@ambulare.agency for further information and pricing.
Updating imagery and Business Details
Google Street View Imagery
This changes only when the Google cars go past and take photographs, which are usually around every three to five years. We cannot alter this, but we can link to it by connecting your tour with Street View.
How do I Delete a Picture from my Google Photo Album?
1. Go to your Google My Business page where you can make changes to your business information.
2. In the ‘About’ tab click on the picture you want to delete, which will then be expanded on your screen.
3. At the top of the screen click on ‘More’, then on ‘Report abuse’. A list of options will appear, with the top one selected as ‘This photo is not relevant to this business.’ Click on ‘OK’ and you will then receive the message ‘Thanks. We’ve received your report and will review it soon. If we find this content to be in violation of our User Content and Conduct Policies we will remove it.’ Click on ‘OK’. Your picture should be removed shortly.
Correcting Business Detailsa) Google Business Listing
If you want to change/add details to your business listing, the first thing you must do is make sure you have verified ownership of your Google My Business page. You would have completed this at the beginning of the guide.
Once verified with Google, you’ll be able to make amendments and additions to the information on your page.
b) Google Maps
For incorrect or missing information, go to Google Maps and find the area you’re looking for. In the top left corner click on the 3 horizontal lines for the main menu. You will then be given various options, including:
c) Street View
If you want to report an error about a business on Street View, first you’ll need to locate the details on Google Maps and then select ‘Suggest an edit’ on the top left hand box of your screen (see image far right). A box appears which allows you to suggest changes or enter comments.
If you want to report an issue with a particular image on Street View, go to the relevant image and click the vertical line of 3 dots at the top left of the screen. Select ‘Report a Problem’ and a menu will appear with the option to report a number of issues (see image right).
Don’t want to do any of the above yourself?
Give us a call on 0121 296 1575 and we’ll take care of it.